Questions, questions, questions

Okay folks, here’s the lowdown. I got my Choosatron a few months ago and I think it’s time to start writing some stuff of my own! But … I don’t know where to start. I’m working on a 2010 Macbook, running OSX Mountain Lion and I have a USB to micro-USB cable that got those first 9 stories on my Choosatron in the first place.

1 - How do I write new stories? Can I use Twine? Or should I use Choosatron Write?

2 - If Twine, how do I write ‘for the Choosatron’? If Choosatron Write, how can I get that to work on Mac?

3 - Once the stories are written, how do I load them onto the Choosatron?

First and foremost, I’m a writer. The inner workings of the Choosatron are to me as the mechanisms of a clock are to an ant. Please keep this in mind when explaining stuff … thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I haven’t done it for a while so I don’t remember the details, but the general method is:

• Download the latest compiled version of Write (Rodneyn kindly provided this - search this forum).
  • Create your story in Write (Write is buggy, particularly for long stories).
  • Save the file as .dam and put it on an SD card
  • Put SD card in Choosatron, hold down some of the number keys while booting up (I forget which ones, but search this forum for answers).

Good luck!

Thanks! This was a good starting point!