Progress update on Write?

Have been running all 40+ stories on my work office Choosatron for a week or so now – including Rodneyn’s Dungeon Run. It’s been a huge hit.

Some of those stories, man . . . got quite a bit of punch! Especially the “You’re Dead” one.

Hey, is there any guide on how to get these new stories onto the Choosatron? It would be great if there would be an easy to follow guide on how to do this. I’m really at a loss here.

Would be very grateful for the help!

EDIT: I found some tips on doing this with SD crads in one of the other threads, I’ll see if I can get it running.

Hi Jerry… well, here we are, nearly at the end of 2015…

GitHub is showing that there have not been any new commits to the Master codebase since June 14th, and nothing on the Develop branch since August 31st. Is Write dead? Is it still on your radar? Is there any hope that this might be finished at some point?

I know there have been many issues and life events preventing you from finishing it, but then again you have a commitment to your backers. I write this not to slam you, but to encourage you to communicate openly and honestly with the people that believed in you enough to open their wallets to you. I sincerely hope you will provide an update soon, and some semblance of a timeline for completion of the Write platform.

Hey @Veloz,

It isn’t dead, but I don’t blame you for feeling that way. You are correct, I have a commitment and I need to block out some real time to make a big push forward to releasing something.

My goal is to get a release out by the end of January. The release will setup new Choosatrons, allow story writing, and at least allow exporting stories for SD card, but hopefully also USB transfer, which is very close, but needs a lot of testing.

I’m getting my head back in the game.

Thanks for the update, Jerry.

I know there are a lot of us supporters here that are grateful to hear this news.

Thank you for the update! I am really looking forward to being able to use Write!

Jerry,

Can we please get an update on the status of Choosatron Write?

Hey! So, just a reminder, it really helps if you actually tag my name, otherwise I get no notification (like this @jerrytron).

The last few weekends I’ve been hard at work on it, working on fixing / cleaning up the Choosatron setup process. I’m almost finished with that, so you can plug in a new Choosatron create a Particle account, setup WiFi, and have the firmware downloaded automatically. The second piece there, which is even closer to ready is writing firmware from the app directly, for offline setup.

Then I can finish the Choosatron data management which reads story info that is on the Choosatron, lets you know how much space there is and where the space is going, toggle settings on the Choosatron, remove stories, and write stories.

Story writing and binary building works. So getting the piece above finished up should allow some beta testing to happen. I want to get that out if only to get help with development, since it’s so hard to block off large chunks of unpaid time to do this while working (again, not an excuse, just my reality). I’m not a professional web coder, but I know a little help from people with more web dev know-how, will help clean it up quickly.

I’m working on the dev branch of the choosatron-write repository, so you should be able to see things happening there.

-Jerry

Any updates, @jerrytron? The Github repo has been quiet since April.

Checking in again, @jerrytron … any updates you can give to close out 2016?

@jerrytron any updates? I do not believe it’s unreasonable to get an update after 9 months. Thank you.

RIP Choosatron… So much potential. I don’t hold anything against you @jerrytron